Projects that our Virginia Beach Blind Lions club are involved in include
- Providing disaster relief from tornadoes, flooding, and fires.
- Providing children’s eye screenings,
- Providing Eye care and eyeglasses for the financially disadvantaged
- Feeding and helping homeless teenagers
- Protecting the environment
- Providing trees to 4th graders on Arbor Day
- Donating to the food bank of Southeastern Virginia.
- Providing needed items to school children.
- Supporting vision projects like Access Va which provides audio equipment to vision impaired patrons of the arts.
- Helping a group that provides thousands of hygiene kits to distressed and homeless individuals
- Donating products for the VB schools Beach Bag program and helping pack the bags at times
Our list of projects that we are involved in is always evolving and we eagerly look for new opportunities to serve!
Our key areas that we as Lions attempt to emphasize include Diabetes, Vision, Hunger, Childhood Cancer, and the environment.
Due to Covid-19 we are implementing extra measures to ensure the safety of our members and our community and are constantly monitoring the recommendations of health professionals and making adjustments accordingly.
Please contact us if you have any further questions on any of the projects that we are involved in and how you can help.